• How does the doctor stay updated on all the current techniques and materials?
Dr. Helal and his staff stay current by attending many "hands on" continuing education classes. Dr Helal also attends annual conventions throughout the country which show all of the latest materials and techniques in dentistry.
• Do you accept my insurance?
We accept most traditional and PPO insurance plans. If you do not know what you have, we can call your insurance plan and verify that we are providers for you and we will be happy to explain your insurance coverage.
• What if I have a dental emergency?
In case of a true dental emergency, call me at 281-343-5656. I will be happy to assist you as soon as possible.
• How can I have whiter teeth?
We offer an in office whitening procedure called Zoom2. The procedure takes about an hour and a half. We also offer whitening trays which are worn for a few hours a day for about 2 weeks.
• Is it bad if my gums bleed when I brush my teeth?
Yes. Bleeding gums are usually a sign of gingivitis and or periodontitis. This can also be caused by using an old, rough toothbrush and not flossing.
• How often do I need to get my teeth cleaned?
We recommend a dental cleaning and checkup every 6 months.
• What do I do if my crown comes off?
Simply place it back on your tooth with toothpaste or an over the counter dental adhesive. Please call our office as soon as possible to have the crown placed back on with a more permanent dental adhesive. In the meantime, do not chew on that side of your mouth.